WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Friday, May 10, 2013

THANK YOU

It's week #167 over at I ♥ PROMARKERS and the theme for this week's challenge is Thank You. Our sponsor is POLKADOODLES and the prize is a fabulous  'Fredericka' CD with digi images and all sorts of lovely stuff on it.  It's worth £11.99, so a great prize to be had.

For my card I used one of the 'newish' retro images from Make It Crafty, 'Melody' and she came with her cushion too.  My trellis was cut on the cameo.  The sentiment stamp is from a stamp plate by Sheena Douglass - A little bit sketchy 'Only Words ~ Through the Rain'. Papers are MME, So Sophie and Ooh La La and then I used a Cheery Lynn flower die.  Fringe from my stash. I stamped the cushion with one of my mini Prima stamps in teal Stazon before colouring with my PM's and then stamped over it a 2nd time.

Now, did you know that birds like bananas?  Neither did I until just now.  If I have some that are going a bit off, then I like to bury them around my roses (lots of potassium).  Anyway, yesterday I noticed quite a few birds pecking at my border.  I had no idea what they were pecking at but I knew there wasn't many worms around.  So this morning, I popped out to check for bugs and noticed half a dozen  black banana skins laying on the top.  Hmmm...cats or birds?  Well, I've just sat and watched a thrush merrily pecking away at one of them.  Best I bury the nanas a bit deeper next time, lol.

Entering into:
AS YOU LIKE IT #1 - Fave die cut/punch (I love anything cut on my cameo and this flower die is my fave of all my flower dies).
DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGES - Stash it.
PAPERCRAFTING JOURNEY - Anything goes.
DIVA'S BY DESIGN - Anything goes.
PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY #126 - Die cuts/punches. WINNER
WHIMSY INSPIRES #59 - Anything goes.




11 comments:

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, I love this image and the colours you picked for her are fab. Joey xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautifully coloured image I love the trellis and the fringing Ginny x

Misty's said...

Super gorgeous card, Lorraine. Love the image you used.... it looks so dimensional. Great cameo work with the trellis!
Never knew that birds love bananas, but out of desperation they will probably try anything to eat.
Michaela xx

Sarah said...

Beautifully coloured image and the colours are fab - really sixties!!

coops said...

so gorgeous Lorraine.stunning image and colours and I love the lattice background :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous Lorraine.stunning image and colours and I love the lattice background :D

xx coops xx

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Penny's. And good luck.

Caz PPC DT xx

KandA said...

Lovely card and super design. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

Annette said...

Fab choices of fave dies Lorraine. Love your card.
Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge.
Annette
My blog : Netty's Cards
Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
xx

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at Diva's
Hugs
JAyne

Manderly said...

Such lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us a Penny's this week! Hope to see you again!
Manderly
xxxooo

Related Posts with Thumbnails